Currently responsible for a range of strategy and commercial development activities for SUEZ UK, delivering solutions to meet the business and customer needs, including leading the Expert Practitioner consultancy service. Stuart undertakes commercial deals, policy and strategy work with experience in waste as a resource, energy and bio-fuel manufacture, sorting, extraction and value enhancement for waste mix resources, customer solutions, research and development, innovation and industrialisation.
He is directly involved in works covering carbon, biodiversity and natural capital, and having over 30 years’ experience in the industry has amassed wide technical and commercial skills and experience in the systems of waste and resource management, markets, strategy, technologies and the environment.
Stuart is a member of the following organisations:
- Waste management representative for the DEFRA advisory committee on packaging
- Director of Recoup, a charity involved in plastic recycling
- Chair of the ESA Biotreatment committee
- Chair of the ESA CCUS group
- Chair of the North East England Climate Coalition (NEECCo)
- UK representative of the SUEZ International R&D and Innovation groups
- The Renewable Energy Association Renewable transport fuels group
- The Renewable Energy Association Bio-energy group
- Technical expert for SUEZ recycling and recovery UK across numerous fields
- The advisory committee for the ONS national materials datahub project.
- Director of Terracycle UK
Follow Stuart on Twitter - @stuhhigh_suezUK